Representation before courts and administrative authorities
Having significant experience in representing companies and natural persons before public authorities, our law office provides high quality services in dispute resolution, starting from a careful assessment of the chances of success until the resolution of the proceeding.
MMJD Legal represents its clients in the following proceedings:
- litigation (civil, commercial and labour disputes)
- misdemeanour proceedings
- enforcement proceedings before courts and public enforcement officers
- bankruptcy and liquidation proceedings
- proceedings regarding commercial offenses
- administrative proceedings before state and local authorities
- proceedings before authorities with special jurisdiction (Commission for Protection of Bidders Rights, Commission for Protection of Competition, Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection)
- administrative disputes
Environmental protection law
MMJD Legal is recognized as one of the leading law firms in this field and has many years of experience in representing NGO’s and activists dealing with environmental protection.
Our law office provides NGO’s and activists with comprehensive legal advice and support regarding their work, including representation before courts and administrative authorities.
We represent the NGO “RERI” in dozens of administrative proceedings and disputes due to violations of environmental regulations during the construction of plants, factories, mini hydropower plants and other facilities, as well as in civil and criminal proceedings against those responsible for endangering the environment.
Since its establishment, MMJD Legal has been providing legal support to organizations dealing with the promotion and protection of human rights, which includes drafting internal acts, analyzing legislation, legal advice on their regular activities and comprehensive harmonization of their work with positive regulations.
However, the focus of our work is representation of individuals who are being discriminated due to their personal characteristics (including the representation of whistleblowers) in civil, criminal, misdemeanor proceedings, labor and other disputes, as well as before state authorities.
Our law office provides legal services in labour law to both employers and employees.
Legal services regarding labour law refer to:
- representation of employers/employees in employment related litigations
- representation in misdemeanour proceedings arising from employment
- drafting of employment agreements and agreements on rights and obligations of directors (management agreements)
- implementation of the termination procedure and drafting the acts in relation to the termination of employment
- drafting all types of employer’s internal acts (Work Rules, Regulation on Systematization of Workplaces, etc.)
- representation in collective bargaining with unions and conclusion of collective agreements
- employment of foreigners in Serbia and Serbian citizens abroad
- interpretation of labour law regulations
MMJD Legal provides comprehensive legal assistance throughout acquisition and selling of real estate.
Legal services include:
- representation of clients before the competent authorities regarding registration of ownership right and encumbrances
- drafting all types of real estate related agreements (purchase agreement, lease agreement etc.)
- preparation of pledge statements and mortgage agreements
- representation in real estate disputes
- legal analysis of property rights
- preparation of legal opinions
Corporate governance planning is crucial in today’s business environment, as a well-laid foundation in this area greatly diminishes the possibility of later outbreaks of problems and disputes.
In this context, we offer clients a wide range of services which includes the following:
consulting and preparation of documentation related to the establishment and liquidation of companies, as well as all changes that may occur during the performance of activities (increase and decrease of share capital, change of representatives, etc.)
- issues related to rights and obligations of legal representatives and procurators
- advising and advocating when making status changes and taking over companies, as well as status changes of the company
- optimization of the corporate structure and drafting of agreements between the founders in order to prevent a blockade in decision-making
- advising on the rights of minority shareholders
- advising on competition law and advocating before the Commission for Protection of Competition regarding restrictive agreements and abuse of a dominant position
Each transaction, in addition to the legal one, has its own tax aspect that must be taken into account in order for the client to be provided with a comprehensive service.
In this regard, we provide the following services:
- analysis of the tax aspect of various transactions (disposal of real estate and shares in companies, tax liabilities based on lease agreements, employment tax and social security obligations, etc.)
- representation before the Tax Administration in the procedure of both on-site and office control
- representation in tax misdemeanor proceedings and proceedings for economic offenses
- representation before the competent courts for tax related criminal acts
Banking and finance
Our services include:
- establishment and registration of banks, electronic money institutions and payment institutions, cryptocurrency exchanges, insurance companies, investment funds and leasing companies
- reporting to the National Bank of Serbia and other regulatory bodies in all legally prescribed situations
- advising legal and natural persons regarding the rescheduling of debts on the basis of loans and borrowings
- representation before regulatory bodies
We have the knowledge and experience to help you resolve any legal issues you may face, with special emphasis on the following services:
- registration of the license holder for a medicinal product and a medical device before the Agency for Medicinal Products and Medical Devices
- consulting and drafting of distribution agreements
- counseling regarding clinical trials
- advising and representing in public procurement procedures
- counseling when advertising medicines and medical devices
- representation in proceedings before the Ministry of Health and the Agency for Medicines and Medical Devices